Tuesday, March 31, 2009

R.I.P. Devante


R.I.P. Devante

It seems like just yesterday,

We use to chill on the block.

Never caused no harm.

Just did us that's how it was.

Haters kept hating on us.

They were jealous to begin with.

Jealous that we had a friendship,

a kind of friendship they'd never understand.

Shit got crazy and words got passed.

Happens everyday in the hood.

Hardly thought it would matter.

Except the night I got that phone call.

My whole world was ripped apart.

At first I thought it was a joke.

Until I heard your mama's voice.

My best friend had fallen.

Fallen to the barrell of a gun.

You were never the type to step down.

Let a man push you around.

I always seemed to respect that.

But this one time I wish you did back down.

Maybe then you'd still be here with me today.

You will forever be missed.

I'll never have a friend quite like you.

I can't help but wonder why.

Why he pulled the trigger.

Why he thought it was that serious,

Serious enough to end your life.

For that I believe he is a coward.

A coward that hid behind that loaded gun.

A coward that took my best friend from me.

Never again will I see that grin on your face.

All I have now are distant memories.

Memories that I will hold dear until I fall myself.

And until we meet again my friend.

I'll be holdin it down for you here on earth.
YOU WILL BE FOREVER MISSED!
R.I.P. Devante Willis 08/25/1982-04/26/2008

No comments:

Post a Comment