Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I'm Sorry

I’m Sorry


Falling in love with you was easy.

It seemed so natural and unplanned.

You made me feel so special.

Like in a fairy tale romance.

Things started off perfect.

Pictures, poems and notes.

But as time passed things changed.

And so did my feelings for you.

I'd be a fool to say I didn't care.

A part of me will still always love you.

But the process of falling out of love drained me.

The late nights I stayed up wondering.

The weeks that passed without word.

The phone calls that ended too soon.

Bringing questions up in my mind.

Questioning our love, questioning your love.

I vowed once before that I'd never let that happen again.

Never again will I allow another person to break my heart.

So that is why we're over.

I've been through this too many times before.

Enough to know where all this was leading.

And before either of us gets hurt.

I'm saving us both the heart ache and tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment