Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Wednesday December 2nd, 2009: Humans & Politics

Today is Wednesday; Hump Day! I can’t help but sit here and contemplate over everything that’s been going on lately. I watched President Obama’s address to the public regarding the War in Iraq. I’m relieved to hear that they are pulling all of the troops out of Iraq, but I’m terrified that they’re sending 30,000 more troops to Afghanistan. It’s crazy because I had always been under the impression Iraq was this dangerous war zone when in actuality most of the real violence was more prominent in Afghanistan. There is a lot of speculation that Afghanistan is our modern day Vietnam and to be honest my opinions don’t really debunk that at all. Everyone has always known me as a liberal minded hippy and I can’t really argue with them there. If I had it my way, I’d focus more so on our domestic issues as opposed to what others in the world are messing up. I do realize however, that the hostility of the countries we’re at war with could affect our way of living if we don’t enforce some sort of military presence to show that we mean business. Do I think that we should be going to war in Afghanistan? I don’t think any country wants to be at war but unfortunately we live in a day and age where violence and hate is spreading. As human beings we are stubborn and always have to be right, especially when it comes to religion and politics. In my opinion people are too disgruntled over things in which they cannot control which ends up becoming an obsession that spills over to the people surrounding them. Overall, we’re just selfish people no matter what country, race, or religion you derive from. The only thing I can continue to do is pray. It’s very rare that you will persuade or convince someone who thinks that they are right all of the time that there is even a chance that they could be wrong. Until we come together as human beings, we’ll always be running in circles playing capture the flag. Politics are great in theory as well as government, but when you have corrupt and selfish people in charge it kind of defeats it's purpose in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment