Thursday, July 23, 2009

For My Dog Ginger!




The love of a pet can get us through even the toughest of times. The love of my dog Ginger got me through everything. She was there when I had my first boyfriend and she was there for the break up. She was there for the good times and there for the bad times. When I felt like I was loosing my mind and had no one to talk to she’d be there to lick me and curl up right at my side. She may not have been perfect but she was the perfect dog for someone like me. When my parents got divorced she was right there by my side getting me through it. Every late night my parents would stay up fighting she’d come to my room and keep me company. She wasn’t just a dog she was my best friend. After my mom left and my sister moved out, she stayed right by my side. I remember one time I snuck her down stairs in the basement one hot summer night and let her sleep with me even though Dad would have flipped if he new she was on the carpet. She just looked at me with that big grin of hers thankful that I let her be close to me. They say a dog is a man’s best friend, but she was more than a best friend to me. She was my companion, my friend, my family, and my confidant. She was the only one who I could tell everything to and I know she’d never utter a word. Even if she wanted to scream it to the world! I’ll miss you Ginger and you were the best dog!! Through everything you stuck by me no matter how hormonal or cranky I ever acted towards you. You stuck by my side and you stuck by my dad’s side. You were everything to us and you always will be… no matter what; always and forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment