Wednesday, July 15, 2009

$36,000 on Nails?!

Okay so I didn't want to have to do it to Beyonce, but she's officially left me no choice. I read an online article today titled, "Beyonce spends $36,000 dollard on Manicures". Let me start off by saying, Beyonce is an incredible artist and that her accomplishments are vast and plenty. I have nothing but the upmost respect for her as a human being and an artist. However, I was disappointed to hear of the nominal amount she paid for a crappy pair of nails; diamond encrusted nails with snakes with rubies for the eyes. The reason they are saying she got these are for some music video. Who even pays attention to someone's nails on a music video. Especially hers. I'm more disctracted by her beauty and her face and body. I've commented on the article wear I found this out with the simple reply of:

"36,000? eesh… i’d much rather spend that money on something less vein… but americans are compulsive consumers… anything to get peoples attention and impress people. It’s kind of sad to me… there are children out here on the streets starving and people out on the streets with no place to go… and some people are spending 36000 on a stupid ass manicure… that doesn’t even last forever and probably didn’t stay on her nails that long to begin with… i love beyonce… and would never diss the woman she’s a diva best believe her… but that is just a little too extreme for me… no matter who gets it… we need to start making better choices and changing this country for the better instead of falling in to fads and trends that don’t last forever…"

One girl replied with this. Reading comprehension among people my age is obviously not valued and obviously she's too lazy to spell:

"Don’t be a hter bytches because you can’t do it likte her.If I had I’d do it too and who cares about tha effin’ attention,not I.Thats jus like sayin you don’t deserve something like that even though you got tha funds.Hell naw,anybody who works hard and loves what she does,deserves it.And for some1 who made 86mill last yr,she not hurtin for shyt and ya betta belive its more comin where that came from.Tha gyrl makes money in her sleep……so hate on something worth hatin on because that could jus as well be you or me,makin money in our sleep.I’m not complainin’,where they do that at?$$$C.R.E.A.M$$$"

So I came back with this:

"i wasn't hating on beyonce merely making a point… and for all those who are saying we’re not in a recession i guess i can agree… the government just pays these people shit loads of money because they keep us consuming… see outside the box people… the only reason they are making the money is because they are distracting us from what is really going on in this world… agree with me or don’t i don’t care… i was never hating on beyonce… it aint trickin if you got it right. but it still doesn’t make it right. Why should normal every day people who do want to work, and i’m not talking about the scum of the earth that live off welfare because they’re lazy, to not find jobs because they’re outsourced, or taken by cheap labor by people who aren’t legal in this country (race set aside because it’s not just a race issue merely and immigration issue) read and stop accusing people of hating when in actuality we’re trying to help society by speaking against the norm. I reiterate… we are NOT hating… just making a point.. in this day and age children think it’s acceptable to spend and spoil themselves not understanding all the hard work that goes into getting what Beyonce has. We need to teach our children responsible spending and proper investing so everyone… not just a selected group of people can move forward! We need to be better Role Models is all i’m saying… other than that Beyonce is awesome woman that deserves everything she works for. I’m just trying to look forward as opposed to staying stationary and dealing with the way things are… its time to clean up our mess!"

No comments:

Post a Comment