Tuesday, January 26, 2010

United States Earthquakes!


I was looking at earthquake information for the United States and it's amazing how many quakes that are occurring that we don't necessarily know about. The information is there to access however the media/news doesn't really cover a lot of the seismic activity that occurs in the United States. Perhaps they are trying to prevent us from living in panic, however it's obvious from the data that our world is undergoing big changes each day. I'm thankful that none of these quakes have been documented in Illinois. I read that the last quake we had was in the 70's and only really affected Southern Illinois. I remember maybe a year or so back hearing on the news that we felt after shocks from some sort of quake. All I know is I don't want to die in an earth quake and I certainly don't want to experience anything similar to the events that unfurled in the movie "2012"!

No comments:

Post a Comment