Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Leaders in Change

Life is anything but easy and I acknowledge and accept that. I know that love hurts and isn't always what we bargained for. I know that people in this day are lost without a cause. Knowing all this doesn't mean that I have to follow a trend. I refuse to sit by and let other peoples mistakes dictate my future. I often sit and wonder why the good people of America as well as the people of the world have to pay for the bad decisions that others have made. It saddens me to have to hear about a different tragedy every single day. The madness is wearing on my psyche and I don't want to deal with it anymore. It's time the good people on this earth take a stand for what is right and all that is good. I feel its a shame that people who share my opinions don't stand up for themselves more. Instead because they are in constant fear of rejection, they hide their heads in the ground like ostriches hoping maybe someone else will make it go away. We need to stop waiting for others to make a change; we need to stop being followers. It's time to take a stand a become leaders in change. The world will never change if we continue in the direction we're going. I am well aware of the many changes that have occurred in the recent months including our first ever African American President. I myself voted for Barack Obama and commend what he stands for. However I believe that too many people are putting all of their desires and expectations on him. He may be the President of America however a leader is only as good as the people that follow him. In the recent months that have passed America has had a huge out break in violent crimes and in my opinion sheer ignorance. I find it ironic that one day we're all in Grant Park holding hands and coexisting and not even 6 months after the election and swearing in of our new president we are back to the ignorance that has kept humanity bound in the first place. Are we to forever fall victim to this vicious cycle or will we as human beings finally come to the realization that together we are much more powerful than when we are divided? I hope we figure it out before it is indeed too late!

No comments:

Post a Comment