Monday, April 6, 2009

Ultimate Breakfast Food: Omelets

So everyone keeps raving about pancakes, waffles and French toast... blah! :) I hear your arguments and I can agree with every one of them. However I'd like to bring a new idea to the table. See pancakes, waffles, and French toast all have one thing in common; syrup and butter. Those are high in sugar, high in calories, and high in the not so good stuff that clog our arteries. I guess since I always seem to be that voice of logical reasoning that it's no surprise what my breakfast of choice is: Omelets. Now with an omelet you can do just about anything. You can throw in some meat, throw in some vegetables, and let’s face it the best part CHEESE! Omelets are diversified and neutral... you can put just about anything in an omelet. Well maybe not anything, unless your one of those people who have of stomach of steel. Omelets are the healthy yet tasty solution to any breakfast meal. The melted cheese accentuates the eggs and the ingredients that are tossed in only give it more flavor. If cheese and eggs are too bland for you... why not spice it up with some hot peppers or even try putting hot sauce or ketchup on it once you’re done. Hot sauce is always the logical solution to any bland diet. (At least for me) And unless your lactose and tolerant or a vegan CHEESE ROCKS! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment