Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday March 30, 2009

I can't begin to wrap my mind around the way certain people think. It seems as if lately I've been running into more people who are complacent with just sitting around and doing nothing with their lives. I know I should just focus on myself and moving forward but I can't help but to be worried with the problems of the people I care about.
One of my best friends who is pretty much family is dead set on going back onto the streets to hustle. It kills me because he reminds me of a big percentage of people my age that resort to hustling in the streets as opposed to getting their lives together and taking the right road. Sometimes because it's too hard and sometimes because their mistakes from the past have haunted them in a way that makes it impossible to think optimistically about the future.
I've been through a lot myself in the past that could have affected how I think today. My past could have and for sometime did used to hold me back from moving towards a better future. However when I was able to acknowledge that the past cannot be erased and stopped obsessing about the things I could not changed I was able to move forward a lot easier. When you let yesterday determine your today and tomorrow you'll be stuck in the past forever and you'll be stuck in a mind frame that will suck you under like quicksand. Pessimism is the very attribute that keeps us as human beings bound in the cycles we fall victim to.

No comments:

Post a Comment